Invitation to be an Advisor for the Education in Emergencies Allianc
First, thank you for being a committed part of our OpenIDEO community and for being involved in the Education in Emergencies Challenge.
Based on your expertise and commitment to this topic, we are thrilled to invite you to be an Advisor in the Education in Emergencies Alliance. As an advisor and mentor you can be catalytic in empowering innovators. Our hope is to elevate and celebrate not only the innovators, but also the experts, thought leaders and people helping to create an ecosystem of change. You can learn more HERE and there's additional details below.
- If you would like to join us as an Advisor in this initiative, complete this brief survey (clocked at under 5 min)–so we can find your perfect innovator matches by March 16, and we will follow up with next steps.
- If you know of any other exceptional individuals passionate about the space. Please let me know.
About the program:
After the Education in Emergencies Challenge, the Australian Government (DFAT) and the OpenIDEO team were amazed by the caliber and commitment of innovators in this community and we wanted to find a way to support them beyond the Challenge. We are doing this through the Education in Emergencies Alliance: a curated community of leading innovators from the Challenge, who will gain support, build partnerships, and use design to advance solutions, thus elevating the education in emergencies space and impacting countless lives around the world. With an issue this large, we believe transformative change can’t happen alone—we must work together.
This program is meant to be a light touch way for experts and leaders with a wide range of knowledge and expertise to connect meaningfully with innovators in the education in emergencies space and help them solve some of the big problems they are facing.
We have hand-selected the innovators participating and the experts and leaders in the space we hope will support them—YOU. We would love to have your wisdom and expertise in this Alliance to help support innovators on their journey. Would you join us?
Program Structure and Commitment:
Based on feedback from innovators, we’ve designed a program that both leverages expert experience and creates space for meaningful peer-to-peer connections facilitated by advisors.
- Advisors will be assigned a group of 2-3 innovators and will be asked to connect with them as a group two times over the course of the Alliance (March 22 - end of July).
- During these sessions, each innovator will share one problem they are currently facing and everyone will work to listen, ask questions, provide perspective, and suggest resources.
- We estimate the time commitment for this program to be 6-8 hours over the course of the three months.
We look forward to working together on this important topic and hope you will join us!
Feel free to reach out with any additional questions.